Heres a short update on my lab experience.
My Cisco 3750 switch is stackable with similar switches using StackWise cables. This makes the switch have to use the FastEthernet 1/0/1 designation. My issue was that all interfaces were coming up as FA2/0/1 meaning the switch had been provisioned as switch #2 in a stack. I wanted to change it to switch #1 simply out of curiosity and to avoid having to remember which switch was provisioned wrong.
I tried a few commands but all I got was “%IDBs can not be removed when switch is active”.
A few searches later and I used these instructions to do what I wanted. Fun!